The ETT Certified Level 3 is capable of supervising ETT Trainee Level I and ETT Certified Assistant Level 2. Typical duties include, but are not limited to, performance and management of routine and moderately complex tasks and projects, record keeping, evaluation of test data, and responsibility for the safety of others. Individual is qualified to provide guidance and is capable of performing electrical power switching.
To gain a more complete understanding of the requirements of this certification, the ANSI/NETA ETT and Level 3 Detailed Content Outline should be reviewed in detail.
Education and Training:
- 24 hours of safety in addition to Level 2 requirements (64 hours total)
- 240 hours of electrical in addition to Level 2 requirements (400 hours total)
- Five years*
- Candidates for Level 3 must have met the qualifications for Levels 1 and 2 in successive order
*Completion of two or more years of technical education in an electrical field shall be equivalent to a maximum of one year of related experience
- 100-item, multiple-choice, closed-book, onsite proctored examination
- Two hours allowed to complete exam
- Passing score of 410 or higher on a scale of 200 to 500
- 13% of Exam - Safety
- 23% of Exam - Electrical Testing Fundamentals and Theory
- 47% of Exam - Component Testing
- 17% of Exam - Systems and Commissioning